Located in Danville, Virginia, Solex Architecture is a local, privately-owned architecture firm practicing in the fields of commercial, industrial and residential architecture. Solex Architecture specializes in “SOLution Exploration” to create designs that meet the client’s goals for the project program, aesthetics and budget. Started in 2013, Solex Architecture is a fast-growing firm that provides an environment to maximize career development in multiple facets of the business. As part of an integrated team, employees collaborate in many aspects of the design profession, providing unique perspectives to meet the challenges of each project.
The firm is seeking a Designer/Drafter responsible for technical drawing production and document coordination. This individual must be well organized and understand the details involved in building assemblies. The Designer/Drafter will work with the Architect to establish timelines involved with production milestones. The Designer/Drafter will coordinate project information with the architecture/engineering team, the clients and the contractors. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in design projects from concept through construction.
- Establish tasks and scheduling to comply with the project work plan led by the project manager.
- Develop detailed technical drawings.
- Serve an integral role in the conceptual design on assigned projects
- Coordinate with project engineering and design consultants
- Participate with the project manager in regular job progress meetings
- Post-secondary degree in Drafting, Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited college or university highly desired.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of comprehensive relevant design experience.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of design, construction, codes, specifications, and drawing composition
- Advanced proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, other rendering programs, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Send resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com
Solex Architecture is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.