Located in Danville, Virginia, Solex Architecture is a local, privately-owned architecture firm practicing in the fields of commercial, industrial and residential architecture. Specializing in “SOLution Exploration”, our team creates designs that meet the client’s goals for the project program, aesthetics and budget. Started in 2013, Solex Architecture is a fast-growing firm that provides an environment to maximize career development in multiple facets of the business. As part of an integrated team, employees collaborate in many aspects of the design profession, providing unique perspectives to meet the challenges of each project.
The firm is seeking an Architect/Project Manager responsible for technical drawing production and document coordination. This individual must be well organized and understand the details involved in building assemblies. The Architect/Project Manager will be required to set and meet timelines involved with production milestones while receiving minimal supervision. The Architect/Project Manager will coordinate project information with the architecture/engineering team, the clients and the contractors. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in design projects from concept through construction.
- Establish tasks and scheduling to comply with the project work plan
- Develop detailed technical drawings and specifications
- Manage the development of construction documents
- Mentor entry level staff
- Perform required code analysis to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Serve an integral role in the conceptual design on assigned projects
- Prepare and coordinate specifications for building materials and product selections using CSI formatting
- Coordinate with project engineering and design consultants
- Monitor scope, time and budget
- Conduct regular job progress meetings during construction
- Participate in business development proposals, presentations, and meetings as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited college or university highly desired
- A minimum of 7-10 years of comprehensive relevant design experience.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of design, construction, codes, specifications, and drawing composition
- Advanced proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, other rendering programs, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Send resumes with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Solex Architecture is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.